Thursday, December 11, 2014

Grand Illusion Mystery

Well it is that time of the year again when Bonnie Hunter puts out her free mystery quilt a long. So far 2 clues have been posted with clue three coming out in the morning. I finally decided to go with Bonnie's colors, after I changed my mind about 20 different times. I started the HST's on Tuesday and cut and sewed till I realized I stitched about 20 with an empty bobbin, then I called it a night. Wednesday I went and finished all those up.


Cut out the squares to go with them.




Then stitched out 2 sample units for the heck of it. Still wondering if I should have went with the original colors of switching out the pink for purple, and the yellow for gray. Oh well, there is always the next quilt.


It is sooooooooooo nice to finally be back in the sewing room after such a long hiatus.

2 comments:

Karen S said...

This is going to be fun! Good luck.

dq said...

YOu are doing it too - yay! Love your color choices.