Saturday, January 15, 2011

Guess what I found today???

On my "wanna make someday" list is a postage stamp quilt, why, because I work at the Post Office so why not? It will have embroidered blocks in it too of what else but postage stamps. Well guess what??? I just found a postage stamp quilt along!!! YIPPEEEEE, I am soooooooooooooooo in this one too!!! Sometimes, I don't know if I am going to complete all my WIP's, UFO's and PhD's or just keep creating them while getting rid of the scraps! I am still working on my block for the Dorinda Mystery and Block A Palooza is starting on the 24th. I went and got me lots of safety pins today, so I can quilt my #6 for the UFO challenge, and the PhD challenge too.  Also I did go buy my pink board today also to make me a design wall so I can hang my yellow Monochromatic quilt on it. Couldn't find any white flannel that was wide, so I might have to bring the quilt blocks down to the first floor to lay it out. Sometimes I feel like I need an elevator. Well it isn't as cold today, so I am off to my castle in the sky to get some serious sewing done. Play catch up too.

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

So many projects and just 24 hours in a day. Have fun with your postage stamps. Sounds like it is the perfect block for you.

John'aLee said...

I too have had it on my list for years to make a postage stamp quilt. They have always intrigued me. Go to Handmade by Heidi. She has a great tutorial and she uses 1 1/2" strips. I think the true postage stamp is with this size of strips...not completely sure. I've been working on mine and love the process. It is such a great way to use up thin strips of stash. I'm going to try to do a blog post tonight on my progress and a link to Heidi.
Good luck!!

dq said...

I think all of your projects are wonderful and hope you get them all done.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that your DH has to have surgery. We wish him well.