Friday, November 16, 2012

red, white, and black swap blocks

So I met with the other ladies last Thursday to swap out our blocks. They all got my ladybug block and this is what I got in return:









 Did you happen to notice, my lady bug wasn't the only one there!!! The other one was made by Grace, she is only 11 (I think). It was pretty funny when we went to swap blocks, I asked her from across the room, "hey Gracie, what do you have there?" She holds it up and says "A ladybug" with a big grin on her face. Then she returned the question  "what do you have?" I held mine up and said "I have a ladybug too!" The look on her face was priceless! We all roared laughing, she ran across the room to see "MY" ladybug.
Also in one of the blocks I found this fabric.....aren't they cute!



Here they are all together on my wall. There were two ladies that didn't show up, I think there was a little confusion as to when we were swapping blocks this time around. So I am missing two, but do have two more of my ladybugs I can squeeze in there with them all.
Now to decide what to do with them all. Thinking, thinking, thinking................

I also added more fabric to the stash....black on white for EASY STREET, if I use them. Pretty red scroll too.
 I received these a while back, but they had been sitting on my desk downstairs.
 I must have really like them, because when I went to put them on the shelf............dOH. I already have these bundles! Glad I liked them.
 This is my favorite out of that little bundle I got.
 Up close.......hmmmmm inspiration for EASY STREET??????
 Of course my crew didn't let me down......they had to hang out with me too, even if that meant they were all snoring away, all 4 of them.
I am off work for the next 10 days, so lets see how much sewing I can get caught up on. I have been cleaning and straightening all morning long. My shelves look so pretty and organized now. I will post about that tomorrow or the next day.

No comments: